My Current Skincare Routine!
This post is one I have put off writing for a while, because for the longest time, I had no semblance of a "routine"-- mostly just frustrations that despite several full courses of dermatological interventions starting in 4th grade, I have had "problematic skin". I use that term loosely, but for the longest time, my skin has been trying to communicate with me that it was not happy. A mix of hormonal imbalances (PCOS) played a huge role, but so did bad skin habits picked up by a lifetime of athletics and nighttime laziness that inhibited any actual routine.
BUT in the past three years I have put a lot of effort into being more of an adult about my skincare (including cutting out dairy because #hormonalacne is real), and educating myself beyond the the drugstore isle of products to prevent the dreaded combo of both acne and wrinkles. I'm not an expert; I'm honestly a pretty lazy skincare dabbler at best, but have managed to find a regimine of products that seems to work well for an active, acne and freckle prone twenty something.
- Cleanse with Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser (this is my favorite, ride or die. The only cleanser that doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped), usually post workout in the shower.
- About once a week I use a physical exfoliator; usually Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or Lather Eucalyptus Facial Scrub (90% sure this is from their mens line, but I love it).
- Post shower, use 1/2 a cotton ball to apply Glossier "the Solution" all over face; I only do this once a day, and skip it on days when my skin feels especially stressed.
- Apply Glossier Super Pure Serum (I primarily use on my chin to target hormonal acne) - this one is lighter that most serums and you don't need as much as you think you do!
- Spritz face with Lather Rose water toner
- Mix a few drops of Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster with Glossier Priming Moisturizer; apply in light circular strokes outwards and upwards (or so the internet tells me). Let dry/ absorb while I am distracted detangling my hair.
- Add Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery (let's be honest, I remember this approximately half the time, but sunscreen is important!)
I'm less good at this one because I'm usually comatose at bed time, but we are working on it!
- Wash face/ remove makeup with either Milky Jelly Cleanser or Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleansing Wipes
- Add Clean & Clear spot treatment when/ where needed. (the OG drugstore spot treatment still works better than anything else I have tried.)
- Lightly apply a few drops of Dermalogica Barrier Repair to finger tips, and pat gently onto skin.
- Use 1-2 Pumps Sleep Cocoon (I treat it like it's a regular moisturizer)
- Apply Stress Positive Eye Lift underneath eyes.
- Get some beauty sleep!
- Eyebrows make the outfit; Billion dollar brows powder in taupe.
- Clean and Clear Acne Spot Treatment -- always, y'all.
- 100% Pure Eye masks (for special occasions) and Coffee Bean Caffeinated Eye Cream (all. day.)
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara in black
- Ritual de Fille highlighter in Phosphene
- The Lather rose water is a great one to refresh throughout the day-- I like it on planes to keep from turning into a lizard, but following a hard but not shower necessary workout class or extra muggy day works too!
- Not Pictured but always on rotation when I can remember; Glossier Cloud Paint in Puff.
Masks and fun extras:
- My favorite hydrating savior: DNA Renewal DNA Restoring Mask - literally feels like you have baby skin after using it.
- Best masks for congestion clearing: Clinique City Block Purifying & Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor
- Toner for shine: Botanics Mattifying Toner
- Biggest Splurges (#worthit): May Lindrstrom Clean Mud (mixed with rosewater) followed by Youth Dew.
Linked products for y'all below, or available via my Amazon Page.
This post was not sponsored by any of the brands listed, however it does contain affiliate links which means I might recieve a small percentage if you choose to purchase any of the items. Thank you for your support!